Toilets
Suitable for children
Photography allowed
Parking available
Ráječek Farm grows vegetables locally, including lettuce, tomatoes, and strawberries, ensuring high-quality produce for people in Brno and the surrounding area. The site also includes the former Komárov broadcasting station.
The history of the station began in November 1921, with telegraph operations to Rome starting from a temporary wooden hut on 18 January 1922. Later that year, construction began on the Komárov Broadcasting Station, making it the first building in Czechoslovakia built exclusively for radio communications. Experimental radio broadcasts started on 10 May 1924, initially alternating with telegraph transmissions.
In 1930, a new building was added for the broadcasting hall, engine room, and cooling equipment. The station’s technology was modernised in 1931 and continued to be updated until 1938. During World War II, the station did not broadcast to the public, but regular radio transmissions resumed in 1945.
Between 1947 and 1960, long-wave transmitters were installed to serve Tuřany Airport. In 1957, additional transmitters for “special operations” were built—actually used to jam foreign radio stations like Radio Free Europe and Voice of America. This jamming system remained in operation until 1989. The last major modernisation of Komárov Broadcasting Station took place in 2000, with a new 90-metre mast replacing the original two 75-metre towers. The new system was automated and remotely controlled from the Kojál station.
Broadcasting ceased permanently on 30 April 2004. In 2013, the 4-hectare site, including its buildings, was purchased by Iveta and Josef Sklenář. Today, it serves as the base for Ráječek Farm, including a farm shop and bistro.
For loading the interactive map, please click on the map area.
For loading the interactive map, please click on the map area.